Posted on April 18, 2014 by Michael Bord
California’s Title 24 2013 energy efficiency standards will go into effect on July, 1 2014. Prior to 2013 California data centers were considered exempt from Title 24, but that’s no longer the case as most data centers will now require:
- Economizers in small computer rooms in buildings that have economizers
- Prohibiting reheat in computer rooms
- Prohibiting non-adiabatic humidification in computer rooms
- Limiting power of fan systems serving computer rooms to 27 watts/kBtuh of net sensible cooling capacity
- Variable speed controls on all chilled water fan systems and all direct expansion (DX) systems over 5 tons serving computer rooms.
- Containment in large, high density data centers with air-cooled computers