Posted on April 18, 2014 by Michael Bord
California’s Title 24 2013 energy efficiency standards will go into effect on July 1, 2014. Prior to 2013 California data centers were considered exempt from Title 24, but that’s no longer the case as most data centers will now require:
- Economizers in small computer rooms in buildings that have economizers
- Prohibiting reheat in computer rooms
- Prohibiting non-adiabatic humidification in computer rooms
- Limiting the power of fan systems serving computer rooms to 27 watts/kBtuh of net sensible cooling capacity
- Variable speed controls on all chilled water fan systems and all direct expansion (DX) systems over 5 tons serving computer rooms.
- Containment in large, high density data centers with air-cooled computers