Power Press Kit
Raritan's Power Business
Raritan was the first to develop and market an intelligent rack PDU, so that power and energy could be better monitored in data centers. It introduced the PX iPDU in 2007.
Today, with more than 625 unique models, Raritan's rack iPDU portfolio is the largest in the industry. To meet the needs of diverse IT environments, the portfolio includes single-phase, three-phase, high power (400V), outlet-metered, outlet-switched, and unswitched rack PDUs and inline power meters.
- Intelligent rack Power Distribution Units (iPDUs) -- provide real-time remote power monitoring of current (amps), voltage, power (kVA, kW) and energy consumption (kWh) with +/- 1% billing-grade accuracy, even at individual outlets.
- Environmental Sensors -- monitor temperature, humidity and more.
- Smart Rack Controller -- connection point for environmental sensors.
- Power IQ energy management software -- part of Raritan's DCIM solution suite.
Customers with data centers, colocation facilities, IT labs and equipment rooms around the globe.
Two-tier distribution (resellers and distributors).
Raritan power management solutions enable data center and facilities managers to:
- Make informed capacity planning decisions.
- Efficiently utilize power resources.
- Improve uptime and staff resources.
- Save on power and operational expenses.
- Measure power usage effectiveness (PUE) and drive green initiatives
- Industry's first intelligent rack PDU.
- First PDU to provide outlet-level monitoring and +/- 1% billing-grade accuracy.
- First 802.11-standards-based wireless solution to simplify and reduce the cost of deploying intelligent rack PDUs (iPDUs) and sensors.
- First PDU to be awarded Underwriters Laboratories' IEC 62368-1 certification.
- First to offer 10 color choices in PDUs to make it easier to track and locate equipment in data center racks.
- 5 Great Reasons To Use Colored Rack PDUs
In this eBook we identify the advantages of colored rack PDUs. From keeping data centers safe and organized through branding and light optimization for dark racks.