Posted on June 15, 2015
ORLANDO, FLA.—(June 15, 2015) — Raritan, a leading provider of KVM switch and intelligent rack power distribution and control solutions, today introduced a powerful and flexible Audio Visual (AV) distribution system to support a wide range of small and midsized applications—ranging from digital signage to broadcast control rooms. The announcement was made at InfoComm 2015, a major AV conference.
With over a decade of award-winning, high-performance video-over-IP expertise, Raritan is introducing an easy-to-deploy and -use solution to support the AV needs of a large number of scenarios—including digital signage and multimedia content displays in stores, banks, corporate and hotel lobbies, office buildings, conference rooms, airports, schools, medical facilities, and control rooms.
The new Raritan AV-over-IP (RAV-IP) Distribution System provides high-performance video and audio streaming over flexible, low-cost IP networks. Raritan’s simple encoder- and decoder-based system can be installed in minutes using low-cost Cat5/6 cable, fiber, and Gigabit Ethernet switches. The system is unique in its flexible support for both Cat5 and fiber in a single system.
“Today’s announcement is our first product in a new line of AV-over-IP focused solutions. We set out to create an affordable and flexible solution that supports a variety of AV applications, that is easy to install and use, and that can scale as a business grows,” said Richard Dominach, Director of Product Management at Raritan. “RAV-IP is targeted at customers deploying small to midsized AV applications, who want to avoid the time, cost, and effort of complex AV control systems. You will not need to be a network engineer or have a ton of AV experience to get our solution up and running.”
RAV-IP enables a wide range of applications through a few basic, yet powerful, configurations:
• Point-to-point extension to extend an AV device or computer to another location via Cat5 or fiber.
• Multi casting for single-channel video distribution to multiple destinations. For situations that distribute multimedia content to multiple locations – such as in a retail environment.
• Multi-channel switching for situations that require multiple video sources feeding multiple displays – such as in a control room or sports bar.
Key Features and Benefits
• High-performance AV—Stream high-quality 1080p video at up to 60 frames-per-second with low latency and minimum bandwidth. Also supports 720p 3D and 1920x1200 (WUXGA) video formats. Supported audio formats include: LPCM, DTS and Dolby up to 7.1 channels.
• Affordable—Uses low-cost Cat5/6 cable, fiber, and Gigabit Ethernet switches to connect video sources to displays and projectors. Does not require an expensive AV control system. Fiber supports distances up to about six miles (10 km).
• Installs out of the box with minimal setup.—Simply connect the encoders and decoders to input and output devices, and then to a Gigabit Ethernet switch with Cat5/6 cabling or fiber. The system automatically sets the IP addresses.
• Simple Control Options—Use the channel switches on the encoders/decoders to assign video inputs to outputs. To switch channels use the included remote control—just like your TV remote control at home. No expensive control systems or programming required.
• Easy to expand—Simply add more encoders and decoders.
The Raritan RAV-IP solution is available today from Raritan’s channel partners. Pricing starts at $659 MSRP per RAV-IP encoder or decoder. To learn more about the solution, visit booth #5492.
Raritan is a proven innovator of energy and infrastructure management solutions for data centers of all sizes. In more than 50,000 locations worldwide, Raritan’s award-winning hardware and software solutions – including intelligent rack PDUs and environment sensors, DCIM software, and KVM switch products – provide IT and facility directors, managers and administrators with the control they need to increase power management efficiency, improve data center productivity and enhance operations. Based in Somerset, N.J., Raritan has offices worldwide serving customers in 76 countries. Visit us at Raritan.com, RaritanDCIM.com, or follow us on the Raritan blog.
# # #
All marks are the property of their respective owners.
— New Switch Allows Users to Productively Work With Dual Displays With Borderless Mouse Switching —
— SmartSensors Relay the Status of Temperature, Airflow, Water/Leaks, and Contact Closures to the SRC, Creating a Central Point-of-View for Real-Time Decisions —