Team Lead Sales Engineer (SE), EMEA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Lead Sales Engineer at Raritan acts as the go-to person and Evangelist for the company; Speaks at trade conferences and seek authorship opportunities in trade publications.
A key responsibility for this role is to establish and develop Raritan’s professional services offering across the region.
Under the direct supervision of the VP of Sales, Europe, this position is the lead role for our EMEA Sales Engineering Team. As such, it is main requirement to lead, develop and manage employees in the team, thus ensuring we have the best in class, customer focused pre-sales support functions.
This is a strategical and a hands-on position ensuring that the Sales teams receive required level of technical training and assistance in performing demos, answering prospects’ questions, acting as a trusted advisor to customers, networking and developing opportunities
1. Manages the activities of the pre-sales team
- Develops strategy for the teams
- Schedules projects and monitors progress.
- Coordinates resources to ensure the proper use and level of activities amongst the team.
- Maps work processes and communicates to the organisation.
- Prepares and submits reports and reviews, outlining team assignments and/or changes, project status changes.
- Ensure commitment to resolving a customer’s issue and that every customer touch point is a positive and effective.
2. Pre-Sales activities
- Enhances customer relationships by demonstrating a good understanding of customer value and the customer service attitude.
- Identifies market trends and new application areas for Raritan products by interacting with clients.
- Expands application knowledge of sales team through regular training sessions and knowledge sharing.
- Provides assistance on sales activities requiring advanced technical product knowledge.
- Owns the RE customer briefing program – ensures quality and level of innovation.
- Demonstrates customer product evaluations.
- Concerned with quality deliverables.
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution product area.
- Survey market landscape for solution insights, direction, vendors, and methods.
- Work with technical writers to ensure quality internal and external client-oriented documentation.
- Speak at trade conferences and seek authorship opportunities in trade publications.
- Help marketing departments develop marketing materials and position strategies for product area, in conjunction with overall marketing message framework.
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- With Channel Development team, develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Provide end to end solution and design details.
- Write, or direct the writing of white papers that add further insight and thought in the solution area.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs.
3. Leads and coaches
- Manages activities of staff (i.e. hires, develops, coaches, appraises, rewards, motivates, manages performance etc.).
- Works in collaboration with EMEA Sales VP to ensure all related activities support the strategic objectives of the company.
- Annual and mid-year team reviews along with administrative duties.
BUSINESS & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Excellent knowledge of all areas of business operations.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage our European pre-sales and technical support teams.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, people relations and organizational skills.
- Able to resolve issues and problems efficiently with a minimum impact to customers.
- Able to present technical concepts in clear manner to customers through demos and proposals.
- Technically savvy with ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- A sense of urgency in fulfilling customer and Sales Team requirements.
- Ability to create and present customer friendly root cause analysis.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or computer science or equivalent experience. Typically requires seven or more years of experience in technical sales support with one or more years in leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LAN/WAN, data communication, and data center environments (including Power).
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or other operating systems.
- Ability to operate independently in a remote office; partnering with project teams at headquarters on a weekly basis.
- UNIX, Windows, Novell, and/or other hardware & software certifications a plus.
- Prior knowledge/expertise in KVM and Terminal Server technology is highly preferred.
- Prior knowledge/expertise in Data Center Power is essential.
Please forward your applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Out More And Apply Today