Germany (Zwickau, Dusseldorf), Netherlands (Schiedam), United Kingdom (London)
We are looking for a Product Manager with data center expertise for intelligent Power solutions. This person will have the opportunity to lead the life cycle management of the Power product line, solve market problems, create value and help delight customers with solutions to their data center power distribution and measurement requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This individual will be responsible for continued growth as a profitable power business. The technical product manager serves as the product subject matter expert, defining and delivering a product roadmap, researching market needs, defining market requirements, performing competitive analysis and understanding and leveraging technology trends. Ongoing interactions with customers, including customer demonstrations, presentations at industry events are considered an essential in understanding customers’ pain points. Together with an experienced Engineering team, this knowledge must be transformed into clear requirements and a product strategy to ultimately win in the market place.
Further duties include:
• Assess technology and impact on roadmap to drive value-focused innovation and technical leadership in the market
• Identify market opportunities based on competitive landscape
• Support product marketing and product launch activities
• Establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
• Develop business plans and product positioning in the marketplace including pricing strategies, product specifications, catalogues, data-sheets, training aids, web presence and promotional events.
• BS in electrical engineering or similar; MBA a plus
• 5 or more years’ experience in the data center market
• Experience with Power Distribution and Network installations
• Global competitive knowledge/experience
• Product line strategist
• Capacity to work both independently and in a team
• Detail oriented with excellent organization and planning skills
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proven excellence in researching, organizing, writing and presenting technical information
• High aspiration and desire to contribute to team’s success
• Desire to work with and delight customers
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude expected
• Willingness to travel
• Knowledge in IT infrastructure and data center power installations
• Experience with power sales and distribution channels
Raritan needs to be a market driven company to be successful. A strong product management is required to drive development to build winning solution, support sales to win in the market place and delight customers.
(Candidates will be rated on the following during the selection/interview process)
• High Aptitude – ability to deeply understand customer use cases and relationship to our solution
• High Aspiration - team success; strong desire to achieve greatness
• Communication – Excellent written and oral skills
• Selling skills – Ability to understand our products enough to sell
• Understanding power installations and the physical background
• Self starter - Produce high quality work products with minimal review