Technical Sales Representative
Job Title: Technical Sales Representative
Reports To: Country Manager, Japan
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Raritan is a proven innovator of power management solutions, DCIM software, and KVM-over-IP for data centers of all sizes. In over 76 countries and 50,000 locations worldwide. The key role of the Technical Sales Representative is to maximize revenue from existing accounts and build new business individually and in conjunction with channel partners.
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for ensuring meets its business targets that are set during the development of the business and marketing plans.
The Technical Sales Representative is also responsible for maintaining the company values and integrity and ensuring that all business conducted in Japan meets and exceeds that required by the Company and local law.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully articulate Raritan’s value proposition to maximum potential to customers, including channel partners, and establish Raritan as the preferred KVM and Power product provider
- Proactively initiate and engage sales calls to both prospective and existing end-user customers
- Collaborate and liaise with Distributors and Resellers to provide end-customers product and sales support
- Actively manage sales pipeline and ensure its accuracy with the company CRM system (SFDC) and maximum efforts are made to close all reported sales opportunities
- Responsible for account coordination / communication
- Conduct outside sales calls to prospective customers and site visits to existing customers
- Analyze customer needs and recommend appropriate types of service, upgrades or additional services
- Early identification of customers’ demands and sales trends of emerging (broad and communications) technologies to enhance our vision and solutions aimed at target market segments
- Build pipeline in excess of quarterly quotas as directed by the company
- Deliver high level strategic customer presentations and proposals when required
- Design and execute pre-agreed business plans
- Meet and exceed pre-agreed business development sales objectives
- Report to the Country Manager, Japan directly
- A Bachelor Degree with 5 or more years of successful technical sales experience in Data Center Infrastructure, Power industry and networking technology, preferably a multi-national organization
- Have strong relationship building skills, especially with end customers, preferably in data centers or enterprise companies (contacting to IT people and/or facility people)
- Data Center Facilities/Operations management experience highly desirable, especially regarding White Space Capacity Management – Power, Space & Cooling, and Operations Processes & Best Practices.
- Have good knowledge of Data Centre Environment (cooling, power, networking, cabling etc.)
- Be well versed with the latest IT networking infrastructure technologies and trends
- Capacity to work both independently and in a team environment, with multiple organizational and management levels and cross functional departments
- Challenging spirit, strong will to reach goal
- Have solid understanding of Channel sales and End User representation within an IT environment having operated in a similar capacity in an IT or related organisation targeting Enterprise End User Accounts
- Understanding of IT Networking, Power, Management and/or related environments
- Strong client relationship management and development atitude
- Possess active listening and solid presentation skills
- Have a desire to make a significant contribution to a rapidly growing organization
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science
- Strong communication skills coupled with strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, to meet deadlines, and to work under pressure.
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational and planning skills
- Hands on person for doing demo’s and post-sales support independently
- Business development.
- Channel strategy and operations.
- Conflict and resolution management capabilities.
- Negotiation skills.
- Technical understanding of hardware mechanism, system configuration, interface/connectivity, communications protocol, virtualization etc.
- Japanese (native level) and English (intermediate)
Applicants who are interested, please send full resume with current salary, expected salary and date of availability to:
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Find Out More And Apply Today