Sales Representative / Technical Sales Representative
Job Title: Sales Representative / Technical Sales Representative
Reports To:Country Director, Japan & Korea
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Raritan, a brand of Legrand, is a leading provider in intelligent rack PDUs, KVM switches, and other data center infrastructure monitoring and management solutions. Raritan’s product can be found in data centers and server rooms around the globe—including those of the top Fortune 500 companies, such as Cisco, Dell, Google, HP, IBM, Intel, and Microsoft. Since 1985, Raritan has been helping IT professionals by providing real-time visibility and secure access and control to IT infrastructures. To learn more, visit Raritan.com, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
The key role of the (Technical) Sales Representative is to maximize business opportunities from existing accounts and build new business individually and in conjunction with channel partners.
The (Technical) Sales Representative is responsible for ensuring meets its business targets that are set during the development of the business and marketing plans.
This position is also responsible for maintaining the company values and integrity and ensuring that all business conducted in Japan meets and exceeds that required by the Company and local law.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and will thrive in a high energy work environment and will also have a solid understanding of solution sales and new business development dynamics, and the ability to synthesize corporate resources and customer demands
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully articulate Raritan’s value proposition to maximum potential customers, including channel partners, and establish Raritan as the preferred KVM, Power and Datacenter solution provider
- Design and execute business plans and account plans proactively to improve its own performance
- Proactively initiate and engage sales calls to both prospective and existing end-user customers
- Actively manage sales pipeline and ensure its accuracy with the company CRM system (SFDC) and maximum efforts are made to close all reported sales opportunities
- Analyze customer needs and recommend appropriate types of service, upgrades or additional services
- Early identification of customers’ demands and sales trends of emerging technologies to enhance our vision and solutions aimed at target market segments
- Build pipeline in excess of quarterly quotas as directed by the company
- Deliver high level strategic customer presentations and proposals based on the target audiences interests/requirements
- Meet and exceed assigned business objectives
- Report to the Country Director, Japan & Korea directly
- A Bachelor Degree with 5 or more years of successful enterprise (B2B) sales experiences, preferably related to Data Center Infrastructure, Power industry and networking technology
- Strong communication skills to create his/her own trust among internal and external persons involved
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizational and strategic planning skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, to meet deadlines, and to work under pressure
- Capacity to work both independently and in a team environment, with multiple organizational and management levels and cross functional departments
- Perseverance and patience with less quick turn-over, continuous effort to improve him/her-self and contribute to team/organization
- Hands on experience of product demonstration and pre / post-sales support independently
- Japanese (native) and English (intermediate or business level)
- Data Center Facilities/Operations management experience highly desirable, especially regarding White Space Capacity Management – Power, Space & Cooling, and Operations Processes & Best Practices
- Have good knowledge of Data Centre Environment (cooling, power, networking, cabling etc.)
- Technical understanding of hardware mechanism, system configuration, interface/connectivity, communications protocol, virtualization etc.
- Be well versed with the latest IT infrastructure technologies and trends
- Quick learner for new things to keep abreast of innovative products and solutions
- Have solid understanding of Channel sales within an IT environment having operated in a similar capacity in an IT or related organization targeting Enterprise End User Accounts
- Channel development, strategy and operations
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science
Applicants who are interested, please send full resume with current salary, expected salary and date of availability to:
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Find Out More And Apply Today