Audit Trail Report
CC-SG maintains an Audit Trail of events in the system. The Audit Trail logs events such as adding, editing, or deleting devices or ports, and other modifications to the system.
Note: The Audit Trail records an entry when a user connects to a bookmarked port, but doesn't record the logout entry until the browser instance used to make the connection is closed.
To generate the Audit Trail report:
- Choose Reports > Audit Trail.
- Set the date range for the report in the Start Date and Time and End Date and Time fields. Click each component of the default date (month, day, year, hour, minute) to select it then click the up and down arrows to reach the desired number.
- You can limit the data that the report will contain by entering additional parameters in the Message Type, Message, Username, and User IP address fields. Wildcards are accepted in these fields except for the Message Type field.
- To limit the report to a type of message, select a type in the Message Type field.
- To limit the report by the message text associated with an activity, type the text in the Message field.
- To limit the report to a particular user's activities, type the user's username in the Username field.
- To limit the report to a particular IP address's activities, type the user's IP address in the User IP address field.
- In the Entries to Display field, select the number of entries to display in the report screen.
- Click Apply to generate the report.