Edit a User
You cannot edit a user to change what group they belong to. See Assigning a User to a Group.
To edit a user:
- In the Users tab, click the + symbol to expand the user group that contains a user you want to edit, and then select the user. The User Profile appears.
- Deselect the Login enabled checkbox to prevent this user from logging into CC-SG. Select the Login enabled checkbox to allow this user to log into CC-SG.
- Select the Remote Authentication only checkbox if you want the user to be authenticated by an external server such as TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP, or AD. If you are using remote authentication, a password is not required and the New Password and Retype New Password fields will be disabled.
- In the New Password and Retype New Password fields, type a new password to change this user's password.
Note: If Strong Passwords are enabled, the password entered must conform to the established rules. The information bar at the top of the screen will assist with the password requirements. See Advanced Administration for details on strong passwords.
- Select the Force Password Change on Next Login checkbox if you want to force the user to change the assigned password the next time they log in.
- In the Email address field, type a new email address to add or change the user's configured email address. This will be used to send the user notifications.
- Click OK to save your changes.