Copying Device Configuration
The following device types allow you to copy configurations from one device to one or more other devices.
Configuration can be copied only between the same models with the same number of ports. For example, you can copy configuration from one KX2-864 device to other KX2-864 devices only.
The Copy Configuration command copies all configuration data except for network settings (personality package), so Device Settings, and User and User Group Data are all copied in this process.
To copy a device configuration:
- Click the Devices tab and select the device whose configuration you wish to copy to other devices from the Devices tree.
- Choose Devices > Device Manager > Configuration > Copy Configuration.
- Select the configuration-copying method.
- To copy current configuration data, select Copy From Device.
- To copy the configuration data in a backup file previously saved on CC-SG, select Copy From Backup File and then select the file from the drop-down list. If no backup file is available, this option is disabled.
- Click the Device Group drop-down arrow and select a device group from the list. All devices of the selected device group display in the Available column.
- Highlight the devices to which you want to copy this configuration in the Available column, and then click the right arrow to move them to the Selected column. The left arrow moves selected devices out of the Selected column.
- Click OK to copy the configuration to the devices in the Selected column.
- When the Restart message appears, click Yes to restart the device. A message appears when the device configuration has been copied.