Discover Devices initiates a search for all devices on your network. After discovering the devices, you may add them to CC-SG if they are not already managed.
To discover devices:
- Choose Devices > Discover Devices.
- Type the range of IP addresses where you expect to find the devices in the From Address and To Address fields. The To Address should be larger than the From Address. Specify a mask to apply to the range. If a mask is not specified, then a broadcast address of 255.255.255.255 is sent, which broadcasts to all local networks. To discover devices across subnets, you must specify a mask.
- Check Broadcast discovery if searching for devices on the same subnet on which CC-SG resides. Clear Broadcast Discovery to discover devices across different subnets.
- To search for a particular type of device, select it in the list of Device types. By default, all device types are selected. Use CTRL+click to select more than one device type.
- Select the Include IPMI Agents checkbox to find targets that provide IPMI power control.
- Click Discover to start the search. At any time during the discovery, you can click Stop to discontinue the discovery process. Discovered devices appear in a list.
- To add one or more discovered devices to CC-SG, select the devices from the list and click Add. The Add Device screen appears with some of the data already populated.
If you selected more than one device to add, you can click Previous and Skip at the bottom of the screen to navigate through the Add Device screens for the devices you want to add.
- The Add Device page is different for different device types. See the instructions on adding each device type CC-SG discovered.
- Click Apply to add a discovered device and continue to the next discovered device. Click OK to add the current discovered device and stop the process of adding the discovered devices.