Discover and Add Devices
The Discover Devices panel opens when you click Continue at the end of the Associations task. You can also click Device Setup, and then click Discover Devices in the Guided Tasks tree view in the left panel to open the Discover Devices panel.
To discover and add devices in Guided Setup:
- Type the IP address range in which you want to search for devices in the From address and To address fields.
- Type the subnet mask in which you want to search for devices in the Mask field.
- In the Device types list, select the type of device you want to search for in the range specified. Press and hold down the Ctrl key while you click device types to select multiple device types.
- Select the Broadcast discovery checkbox if searching for devices on the same subnet on which CC-SG resides. Deselect the Broadcast discovery checkbox to discover devices across all subnets.
- Click Discover.
- If CC-SG has discovered devices of the specified type and in the specified address range, the devices appear in a table in the bottom section of the Discover Devices panel. Click the black arrow at the top of the panel to hide the top section, expanding your view of the discovery results in the bottom section of the panel.
- In the table of discovered devices, select the device you want to add to CC-SG, and then click Add. The Add Device panel opens. The Add Device panel is slightly different, depending on the type of device you are adding.
- You can change the Device name and Description by typing new information in the corresponding fields.
- Confirm that the IP address you assigned when you prepared the device to be added to CC-SG displays in the Device IP or Hostname field, or type the correct address in the field if necessary.
- The TCP Port Number field will be populated automatically based on the device type.
- Type the Username and Password you created when you prepared the device to be added to CC-SG in the corresponding fields.
- In the Heartbeat timeout field, type the number of seconds that should elapse before timeout between the device and CC-SG.
- If you are adding a Dominion SX device, select the Allow Direct Device Access checkbox if you want to allow local access to the device. Deselect the Local access: Allowed checkbox if you do not want to allow local access to the device.
- If you are manually adding a PowerStrip device, click the Number of ports drop-down arrow and select the number of outlets the PowerStrip contains.
- If you are adding an IPMI Server, type an Interval, used to check for availability, and an Authentication Method, which needs to match what has been configured on the IPMI Server, in the corresponding fields.
- If you want to configure all available ports on the device, select the Configure all ports checkbox. CC-SG will add all ports on the device to CC-SG and create a node for each port.
- In the Device Associations section at the bottom of the panel, click the drop-down arrow in the Element column that corresponds to each Category you want to assign to the device, and then select the element you want to associate with the device from the list.
Note: A node or device that has more than one element of the same category assigned to it will appear more than once in a Custom View based on categories and elements.
- If you want the Element to apply to the device and to the nodes connected to the device, select the Apply to Nodes checkbox.
- If you want to add another device, click Apply to save this device, and repeat these steps. Optional.
- When you have finished adding devices, click OK. The Device Summary panel displays a list of the devices that you added.
- Click Continue to start the next task, Create Groups. Follow the steps in the next section.