Once you've created the CSV file, validate it to check for errors then import it.
Duplicate records are skipped and are not added.
To import devices:
- Choose Administration > Import > Import Devices.
- Click Browse and select the CSV file to import. Click Open.
- Click Validate. The Analysis Report area shows the file contents.
- If the file is not valid, an error message appears. Click OK and look at the Problems area of the page for a description of the problems with the file. Click Save to File to save the problems list. Correct your CSV file and then try to validate it again. See Troubleshoot CSV File Problems.
- Click Import.
- Check the Actions area to see the import results. Items that imported successfully show in green text. Items that failed import show in red text. Items that failed import because a duplicate item already exists or was already imported also show in red text.
- To view more import results details, check the Audit Trail report. See Audit Trail Entries for Importing.