CC-SG is implemented with the Memtest86+ diagnostic program, which can be invoked from the GRUB menu . When any memory problems occur, you can perform the Memtest86+ diagnostic test for troubleshooting.
1: Perform the Memtest86+ diagnostic program:
- Reboot CC-SG.
- When it shows the messages below, press any character within 5 seconds to enter the GRUB menu, such as the Esc or arrow key.
Press any key to enter the menu
Booting CentOS (x.x.x) in x seconds....
- Highlight the "Memtest86+ vX.X" option (where vX.X is the current version) using the up or down arrow keys, and press Enter.
- CC-SG loads and performs the Memtest86+ diagnostic program. Let the program run at least one complete pass, that is, when the Pass column shows "1". For extensive test, leave the program running for multiple hours or even overnight.
- Verify these items to determine whether there are memory errors.
- Memory: The amount of total memory should match your CC-SG type: 512M for G1, 2048M for V1, and 4096M for E1.
- Errors: The column should show "0"
- Error display area: The area is the bottom area right below the WallTime row. The program should display nothing in this area to indicate there are no errors.
If any of the above items indicates that there are memory errors, you can:
- Capture the Memtest86+ screen containing the memory errors and contact Raritan Technical Support for assistance.
- Shut down CC-SG and re-install the memory DIMM modules to ensure the contact is good. Then perform the Memtest86+ diagnostic to verify if the memory issue is resolved.
2: Terminate the Memtest86+ diagnostic program:
- Press Esc.
- CC-SG will reset and reboot.