Take a System Snapshot
When CC-SG does not function properly, it is extremely helpful if you can capture the information stored in CC-SG, such as the system logs, configurations or database, and provide it to Raritan Technical Support for analysis and troubleshooting.
1: Take a snapshot of CC-SG:
- Choose Operation > Utilities > System Snapshot.
- Click or select Yes. The System Snapshot menu opens.
- Verify that every %Used value shown on the screen is below 60% to ensure that there is sufficient space available for the snapshot operation. Otherwise, abort the operation and perform the clean-up operation or contact Raritan Technical Support for assistance.
- The System Snapshot options are divided into two areas.
- Snapshot Configuration shows a list of CC-SG data that you can snapshot.
- Snapshot Operations shows a list of operations that can be performed when activating the snapshot operation.
- Usually it is not necessary to change default snapshot selections unless Raritan Technical Support requests otherwise. When requested, click with the mouse, or use the arrow keys to navigate and press the Space bar to select the snapshot options that you want, marking them with X.
- Click or select Submit to proceed with the snapshot operation.
- You will see a list of items scroll by quickly on the screen during the snapshot process. It is typical if sometimes CC-SG pauses for a while.
- When the snapshot operation finishes, CC-SG displays the information for the snapshot, including:
- The location and filename of the CC-SG snapshot file
- MD5 checksum
The snapshot information is for reference only so there is no need to note it down.
- Press Enter to return to the System Snapshot menu.
2: Retrieve the CC-SG snapshot file:
- Using a supported Internet browser, type this URL:
IP_address> is the IP address of the CC-SG. Note the forward slash (/) following
/upload is mandatory. For example,
- The Enter Network Password dialog appears. Type the User Name and Password of the Diagnostic Console admin account, and click OK to log in.
- All available snapshot files that CC-SG has ever taken are listed.
Note: CC-SG keeps snapshot files for 10 days only so you should retrieve the files in a timely manner.
- Click the snapshot file with the appropriate filename, or the file named "snapshot" as it is the latest snapshot file. The files are already compressed, encrypted and signed so you must transfer them in the binary mode.
- When saving the file with IE, save it as a raw file by choosing "All Files" from the "Save as type" drop-down list in the Save As dialog.