Add a Dominion PX Device
Dominion PX devices are powerstrips that are connected only to your IP network. A Dominion PX device is not managed by another Raritan device. If you want to add a powerstrip that is managed by another Raritan device, there is a different procedure. See Managed PowerStrips.
- Type a name for the device in the Device Name field. See Naming Conventions for details on CC-SG's rules for name lengths.
- Type the IP Address or Hostname of the device in the IP Address/Hostname field. See Terminology/Acronyms for hostname rules.
- Type the name used to log into this device in the Username field. The user must have administrative access.
- Type the password needed to access this device in the Password field. The user must have administrative access.
Warning: CC-SG will lose connectivity with the Dominion PX device if the username or password changes. If you change the password on the PX, you must modify the password for the PX device in CC-SG. See Editing a Device.
- Type a short description of this device in the Description field. Optional.
- Select the Configure All Outlets checkbox to automatically add all outlets on this Dominion PX to the Devices tab.
- A list of Categories and Elements can be configured to better describe and organize this device.
- For each Category listed, select the element you want to apply to the device from the list. Select the blank item in the Element field for each Category you do not want to use.
- If you do not see the Category or Element values you want to use, you can add others. See Associations, Categories, and Elements.
- When you are done configuring this device, click Apply to add this device and open a new blank Add Device screen that allows you to continue adding devices, or click OK to add this device without continuing to a new Add Device screen.